Monday, January 12, 2015

Hey guys! Just a quick post before I head out today.

Yesterday was my first day using the bus here (my first day traveling the city alone!). I met up with other members of the Sweet Briar JYF study abroad program at the Café Carlu in the Musée de la Cité in Trocadéro. It was fairly simple to get there because my host mom (who is wonderful by the way!) showed me the bus station I would take and showed me on the map where I could find the one to return home. Well, I returned home, so I'll say it was pretty successful!

On the same trip, I saw the Eiffel Tower. It was right behind the museum!
(pics to come later!)

Today, I have another rendez-vous with Sweet Briar, this time at their office location. I'll be taking the metro this time, hopefully I don't get lost. ~

Also, today I want to get the chip (or sim card) that I need to be able to work the phone I brought with me. Time to interact with the oh-so-friendly Parisians that I heard about. *insert nervous laugh*....I'm sure they can't be that bad, I've already met a few who were amazingly nice and far from rude!

Later, peeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment